Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What`s the type of my Jackson??? Help.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What`s the type of my Jackson??? Help.......

Hey Jackson/Charvel Crew!
    Since i bought my Guitar second Hand in 1994, I try to find out which Model i got there... Technical and forming is the same like the Guitar you can find under http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/soloist.html
    Year: 1985
    Serial: J1168

A friend of mine told me it`s Name is Jackson limited Gold 1990 or something like that. (Color golden flame top (?) and cherry back)
    It`s my baby and heavy as f***!
    Serial Number on the neck is J100596 or J100598.

Hope, there`s somebody who`s able to help me...

Greetz and many thanks from Germany [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: What`s the type of my Jackson??? Help.......

post pictures.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

In the next few days... Digicam is broken.....

Comment

I'm gonna throw out an early guess.....the trans amber flame maple top and cherry back, combined with the serial, I'm guessing it's some kind of Import Soloist. Or an Archtop Pro. Does it have an arched top?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Is the fretboard ebony? If so, it's a 1991 Soloist PRO

If it's bound rosewood, it's a 1991 Soloist XL

Both well made in Japan
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I'm gonna throw out an early guess.....the trans amber flame maple top and cherry back, combined with the serial, I'm guessing it's some kind of Import Soloist. Or an Archtop Pro. Does it have an arched top?

[/ QUOTE ]

And there WAS a Linited edition of the Archtops in 90 (or was that ´91?).. would support that theory...

Does your guitar look exactly like this??

Comment

No, more yellow/golden and one colored..... I`ll try to post pictures within the next 2 days.....

Comment

Does it have a block inlay at the 12th fret that says "Limited"?

The serial number indicates it was made in Japan in 1991, so if it's got the block inlay at the 12th like the one in the pic above, it's the same model, just a different color.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I love that ASLP in the picture (the chick holding the guitar isn't bad either [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) Zerb back uh a year or more ago someone here was selling one if memory serves and I very nearly tried to get it. I really wish I hadn't passed that one up. Japanese made but awesome nonetheless.

Comment

@Newc: no limited Block in...
                    Tomorow i`ll try to put some pics on my HP and get some links here...

Comment

Man. Thats nice. Whats a going price for a archtop limited )like in the pic) I was thinking bout a rr5 but.......

Comment

If it is a flame top it most likely a Archtop Soloist

The back of the Amber one is is red or Cherry.They offer it in two version with a Floyd Rose and string through.They were the only early Pros with two hums in a Strat shape.The only other early (90-91) Pros that was available with a Flame top were the Fusions and they were H/S/S.And with that serial number I would say it a 1991.
                        Mike
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Man. Thats nice. Whats a going price for a archtop limited )like in the pic) I was thinking bout a rr5 but.......

[/ QUOTE ]

They run around a $1000-1200 if you can find one.They are the hardest Professionals to find.I think they only made 200 in 1991.
                          Mike
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Does your girlfriend look like that ?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And there WAS a Linited edition of the Archtops in 90 (or was that ´91?).. would support that theory...

Does your guitar look exactly like this??

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your girlfriend look like that ? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X